Under Level 5 Restrictions announced recently, the church is currently closed for public mass. Masses are celebrated on the Webcam each day.
Yet again this means that places of worship will remain closed except for:
· Private prayer, Monday – Friday 11am to 4pm and Sunday 11am – 4pm.
· Attendance at wedding liturgies is six people (6) and funeral mourners is 10 people (10).
In a letter to all the faithful Pope Francis stresses that
“Aware that God never abandons the humanity He has created, and that even in the hardest trials can bear fruits of grace, we [should accept] our distance from the Lord’s altar as a time of Eucharistic fasting, useful for us to rediscover its vital importance, beauty and immeasurable preciousness”.
I appeal to all to enter into this difficult period with that spirit. We must pray that we can soon return to the Eucharist “with a purified heart, with a renewed amazement, with an increased desire to meet the Lord, to be with him, to receive him and to bring him to our brothers and sisters with a life full of faith, love and hope.”
· Attending Sunday Mass is presently not obligatory during this Pandemic. One can attend Mass online on any day of the week and this fulfils the Sunday obligation.
· Booking a place at Mass is suspended until further notice.
Mass will continue to be shown on the webcam every day at Parish Webcam
Masses will be celebrated on the webcam at 6pm on Saturday evening and 10am on Sunday morning and at 10am Monday to Friday.
· Mass for your intentions (anniversaries, illness etc.) may be booked as usual, by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us pray for each other to live in safety with God’s protection as we continue to cope with Covid 19.