Registration for Confirmation 2022 will take place online again this year. A letter will be sent to families through our Primary Schools shortly with full details.
PLEASE NOTE WHO CAN REGISTER FOR CONFIRMATION:
Who is eligible to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation?
Only those who have received the Sacraments of Christian Initiation, i.e. Baptism, Penance (Reconciliation) and Holy Communion in the Roman Catholic Church are eligible to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. A Baptismal Certificate will be required for each child for verification. Children of other denominations and none are not eligible.
What do I need to do to register my child on the Parish Program?
The On-Line Registration form will need to be completed fully and may require the uploading of your child’s Baptismal Certificate.
Please read the following carefully:
- If your child was baptised in St Mochta’s Church, please fill in the Date of Birth and Baptismal details in the On-line Registration form. If you have a copy of the Baptismal Certificate at hand, please upload it on the site.
- For children who were baptised in a Catholic Church other than St Mochta’s, a Baptismal Certificate must be uploaded at time of online registration before your child can be enrolled on the Confirmation Preparation programme. Please contact the church of baptism to acquire one as soon as possible. An electronic copy will be acceptable.
- If you do not have a Baptismal Certificate available at the time of On-Line Registration, you will NOT be able to register your child, please contact us and we will advise you of what you need to do.
- On-Line Registration will ONLY be possible on receipt of your child’s Baptismal Certificate.
- A Candidate for Confirmation, should also have received their First Penance and First Holy Communion.
If you require clarification, or further information, please contact Mary Greene, at firstname.lastname@example.org.